10 August 2008

Kentang girl

"Kantang/Kentang" (however its spelt) girl wants to move to Aussie. A rather irrational reason if I may add... to simply join the cousins and a society whereby you're surrounded by say...99% of the population who communicate in english? No more "errs and ahhs" or getting stuck trying to figure out the proper translations of words to mandarin.

Working @ this current location has literally forced me into speaking mandarin.. and within that mere span of 5 months... more mandarin words have come out of this mouth of mine then it has ever been throughout the rest of my 22 years put together.. though I do pick up a couple of useful mandarin words or phrases every now and then thanks to the surrounding colleagues. English heavily peppered into my "mandarin" sentences when I speak.. its not a matter of unprofessionalism but rather one of the inevitable.

And kentang FYI was something the girls cooked up for me with memories of me replying in english as opposed to mandarin. Despite knowing this lovely group of ladies for almost a decade of my life I can almost safely guarantee that my horrendous mandarin has yet to or rather never reach their ears. *grins*

Why couldn't I have been enrolled for Spanish instead.. SIGH!

Love,
Miss Kentang/Potato

No comments: